Out of Commission

Well yesterday was about the worst day I have had since the hospital. I went to bed on Saturday night and my headache was coming on fast. It was so bad that I couldn’t sleep. We were staying on a mattress on the floor so I needed Chris’ help to get up from it and down to it. I didn’t sleep that night and finally woke Chris up at 0600AM. I felt like I was going to throw up. Every time I turned on my right side, the nausea would increase and I still couldn’t lie on my op side. He helped me get up to the bathroom and then back into bed. He massaged my neck area in the occipital area because that’s what my physical therapist and my massage therapist will do to decrease or relieve these headaches. It helped a bit and I was able to get about two hours of sleep. As soon as I woke up and went into the living room where it was super sunny and bright, I immediately felt like I was going to throw up. I went to the bathroom and did this time. I felt relief right after, but when I told Chris, he said let’s go home. I was so happy to hear that because I felt pretty bad, but didn’t want to cut the hanging out with friends short. He said it wasn’t worth pushing through it and I think could tell by looking at me, how bad I felt. He packed us up and loaded me into the car and we made it about two blocks down the street before I had him pull over to let me puke again. I think every time I moved and saw bright light, it was causing me to puke. So after that, I covered my whole head with my hood, laid back in the car seat and Chris hustled home. The traffic Gods were with us because it only took us one and a half hours to get home from LA. That’s literally a miracle! I went right to bed, with closed blinds and no noise or stimulation. I had a puke bucket at my side and I tried lying on a golf ball to get into the muscles of my upper neck. I was able to sleep for a few more hours, but the headache was still so awful. I called my PT friend who made a house call for me and she worked my neck out. Everything was so tight and in a giant spasm she said. I think she worked on me for over an hour and afterwards I did feel relief. I was improved a bit to be able to eat a little snack in the living room and then went to bed early that night. Today I woke up and am almost 100% better. My massage therapist was able to get me in today and so the little bit of leftover headache, she got rid of. Thank goodness! I’m pretty sure that was a migraine. I didn’t even feel human and I don’t ever want to feel like that again. I swear I just can’t catch a break. If it’s not my hip or lower body, then it’s my neck or upper body. I literally SAT at a dance party concert and “danced” by bobbing my head a little and moving my arms side to side so they weren’t above my head and this is how my body repays me. I wish my neck surgeon would believe me and start treating my pain and the surrounding areas that are affected from my injury. Ugh! I’m just so frustrated! But I do have some great therapists in my corner to help with these aches and pains and for that I am grateful.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s